Insulated Garage Door Tax Credit
Homeowners should consider a new garage door now more than ever. With recent federal legislation, homeowners can take advantage of a new tax credit. You will not only save money on heating and air conditioning bills, you will save hundreds of dollars on the price of the new door. While it is an upfront investment, it can practically pay for itself over the next few years.
- Insulated Garage Door must be installed between January 2009 and December 2010
- The tax credit applies to 30% of all energy reducing home improvements
- Taxpayers can only claim up to $1500 in tax credits
- The door must be installed in an insulated garage with proper air infiltration
- The garage must be the taxpayer’s primary residence
- The garage door must be insulated and have a U-Factor of .30 or less
- Any garage windows must have a Solar Heat Gain Coefficient of .30 or less
- Tax credit does not include installation costs, only the price of materials
- For information on which doors may qualify, contact Aaron’s Garage Doors.
An energy efficient garage door help you save money and increase the attractiveness of your home. There are many different types of insulated doors to choose from. To request a free estimate, call Aaron’s Garage Doors at 615-456-6654 or contact us today!